1. Conlin PR, Colburn J, Aaron D, Pries RM, Tschanz MP, Pogach L. Synopsis of the 2017 U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs/ U.S. Department of Defense Clinical Practice Guideline: Management of Type 2 diabetes Mellitus. Ann Intern Med. 2017;16(7):655-663.
2. Meeks KA, Stronks K, Beune EJ, et al. Prevalence of type 2 diabetes and its association with measures of body composition among African residents in the Netherlands-The HELIUS study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015;110(2):137-146.
3. Gele AA, Pettersen KS, Kumar B, Torheim LE. Diabetes Risk by Length of Residence among Somali Women in Oslo Area. Journal of diabetes research, 2016.
4. Chiu M, Austin PC, Manuel DG, Tu JV, Cardiovascular risk factor profiles of recent immigrants vs long-term residents of Ontario: a multi-ethnic study. Can J Cardiol. 2012;28 (1):20-26.
5. Creatore MI, Moineddin R, Booth G, et al. Age-and sex-related prevalence of diabetes mellitus among immigrants to Ontario, Canada. CMAJ. 2010;182(8):781-789.
6. Commodore-Mensah Y, Himmelfarb CD, Agyemang C, Sumner AE. Cardiometabolic Health in African Immigrants to the United States: A Call to Re-examineResearch on African-descent populations. Ethnicity & Disease. 2015;25(3):373-380 378.
7. Montesi L, Caletti MT, Marchesini G. Diabetes in migrants and ethnic minorities in a changing World. World journal of diabetes. 2016;7(3):34-44.
8. Diabetes UK. Facts and Statistics. UK. 2016.
9. Chambre C, Gbedo C, Kouacou N, et al. Migrant adults with diabetes in France: Influence of family migration. J Clin Transl Endocrinol. 2017;7:28-32.
10. Ocheng BM. Black African migrants: The barriers withy accessing and utilizing health promotion services in the UK. Eur j Publuc health. 2013;23 (2):265-269.
11. Rodriguez-Alvarez E, Gonzalez-Rabago Y, Borrell LN, Lanborena N. Perceived discrimination and self-rated health in the immigrant population of the Basque Country, Spain. Gac Sanit. 2017;31(5):390-395.
12. Okrainec K, Booth GL, Hollands S, Bell CM. Impact of language barriers on complications and mortality among immigrants with diabetes: a populationbased cohort study. Diabetes Care. 2015;38(2):189-196.
13. Sewell H. Equality Act 2010 in Mental health: A guide to implementation and issues for practice. United Kindgom: Jessica Kingsley Publishers. 2012;1- 256.
14. Monitoring the Mental health Act in 2015/2016. Care quality commission. 2016.
15. Memon A, Taylor K, Mohebati LM, et al. Perceived barriers to accessing mental health services among black and minority ethnic (BME) communities: a qualitative study in Southeast England. BMJ open. 2016;6(11):e012337.
16. A mental health Act fit for tomorrow: An agenda for reform. Mental Health Alliance. 2017.
17. Stevenson J, Rao M. Explaining levels of wellbeing in Black and Minority Ethnic populations in England. London: University of East London, Institute of Health and Human Development. 2014.
18. Type 2 diabetes in adults: management. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. 2017.